There were a few sprinkles of rain early in the morning last Saturday, but the hot, dry conditions won out overall. The Market welcomed Louise who sold berries and enthralled market-goers by sitting and spinning at her booth. Louise answered lots of questions! Garth and Butch teamed up to create a wood crafters area. Garth selling his famous barn wood creations and Butch his burned wood signs (special orders welcome). Market vendors are missing the presence of Eric who has been a stalwart for many years – get well and come back soon, Eric!
The Market Society is pleased to announce that Rogers Foods Ltd. of Armstrong, B.C. has joined the Butter Tart Festival as a sponsor, joining the Regional District of North Okanagan and the Village of Lumby in supporting our 3rd annual festival. Lumby’s festival is getting widely known, it was featured (albeit briefly) on the Marilyn Denis show on CTV.
Here are some dates for you to mark on your calendar:
- My apologies for missing a significant date – June 11, 2010 – the date the Lumby Public Market Society was incorporated under the Society Act of B.C. The forward-thinking folks who worked to create the Market, and who acted as the first Directors were: Karen Bright, Marcel Galli, Ray Cameron, Hilda Driver, Pat Knight and Harvey McFadden.
- July 29 – Watkins will be back at the Market, but away again on August 5
- July 29 – Campbell’s Orchards will be bringing cherries and apricots. Colin will be at the Market for the rest of the season. See him in booth #3
- August 12 – the Market is moving to Arbor Park Mall for one day only, same time, same great vendors,
- August 26 – Fortis will be at the Market offering the opportunity to win a $500 gift certificate from Save-On-Foods (think of all the butter tart ingredients that would buy!)
- September 9th – 3rd Annual Butter Tart Festival & “Best” Homemade Butter Tart Contest
Entry forms are now available for the contest: here’s a “snippet” – you can request the whole form from promo codes for doubledown casino app echtgeld
THE “BEST” HOMEMADE BUTTER TART CONTEST:
(note: homemade pastry only – no pre-forms)
|BUTTER TART BAKING CONTEST OPEN TO HOME-MADE TARTS & PASTRY ONLY||AMOUNT
|Traditional||#______ of entries @ $5.00 each||$|
|Non-Traditional||# _____of entries @ $5.00 each||$|
As the hot, dry weather continues our thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the wild fires in B.C. As you may know, all the proceeds after expenses from the “Best” Homemade Butter Tart Contest is given to a local charity or charities, which is decided on a year-by-year basis by Society Directors. Certainly, the Fires Appeal is on the list for consideration this year.
Again, thanks to everyone for their kind get well wishes over the month. I will be back at the Market on July 29th, but away again on August 5th. Please drop by and say hello this Saturday at the Lumby Public Market.