NOTES FROM THE MARKET
It was another great day at the Market on Saturday. Local cherries and honey were available as well as our usual farm and greenhouse produce, crafters, artisans, knife sharpener and new-to-you vendors. As most people have noticed, I’ve been absent from the Market for a few weeks; I want to thank everyone for their well-wishes and let you know that I (and Watkins) will be back at the Market in a few weeks. Thanks again.
We’ve had lots of questions about the Festival, so this week I want to focus on the Market’s biggest event of the season – the 3rd Annual Butter Tart Festival. In honour of Lumby and area’s hard-working charitable and non-profits, we’re inviting these fine folks to use this year’s Butter Tart Festival as an opportunity to raise some funds. Of course, other vendors and lovers of butter tarts are also invited to join us for a sweet day in September. There’ll be more news next week, but for today here’s the nitty-gritty – point form:
- Butter Tart Festival, September 9th, Whitevalley Community Park Oval (open-air)
- Festival open to all: artists, home-based businesses, home-crafted items, farm produce or products, food trucks, and, most importantly, butter tart bakers,
- Charitable and non-profit organizations are welcome for fund-raising purposes,
- Advance registration opens July 15 and closes August 22 (after that you take your chances!)
- Cost of the Festival is $20 per booth (vendors bring own table & tent)
- Lumby Public Market seasonal vendors freeLast year, butter tarts were all gone by 10:15 a.m. !!!
- Last year, butter tarts were all gone by 10:15 a.m. !!!
- Registration forms available at lumbymarket.com; firstname.lastname@example.org,
For information about being a vendor at the Market, or about the Butter Tart Festival, send me an e-mail at email@example.com . Our website is www.lumbymarket.com. We also “Twitter” and have a page on Facebook.